Each year, the CMP recognize superior accomplishments of CIM members in the field of Mineral Processing at its Annual Banquet. Five (5) distinct and prestigious awards can be granted to exceptional individuals who are nominated by their peers of the industry.
1. Mineral Processor of the Year
2. A.R. MacPherson – Comminution Award
3. Bill Moore – Special Achievement Award
4. Lifetime Achievement Award
5. Ray MacDonald Volunteer Award
6. Janice Zinck Innovation Award
7. CMP – Best Presentation Award
Every CIM/CMP member is allowed to propose nominations. More than one nomination can be made by the same individual but no one can nominate himself/herself. Each nomination must be endorsed, through support letters, by at least five (5) CIM/CMP members.
The nomination process is simple.
1. Get a copy of the Nomination Form (fillable Nomination Form), and further info from the CMP website
2. Fill out the form by hand or electronically
3. Submit form with five support letters to CMP Secretary (Rory Cameron)
The deadline to submit nominations is November 18, 2022.
CMP Awards Qualification Criteria
The Award Selection Committee is chaired by the current CMP Past-Chairman who names six other committee members from the CMP Board of Directors. Directors who nominate and/or endorse a candidate for a CMP Award are excluded from the award selection process. All awards are presented at the Banquet of the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Mineral Processors held in January of each year.
2020 CMP Award Winners
Mineral Processor of the Year – Tom Schouldice
Bill Moore Special Achievement – Craig Hudson
Art Macpherson Comminution – not awarded
Ray Macdonald Volunteer Award – Mark Adams
CMP Lifetime Award – Chuck Edwards
CMP/CIM Distinctions for 2020
Past Chair – not awarded
Best Presentation – Jean-François Dupont
André Laplante Memorial Scholarship – Kyle Owen-Springer
Byron Knelson Memorial Scholarship – Kyle Lamont
Lucky Amaratunga Student Technical Report Award – Luke Visconti