Each year, the CMP recognize superior accomplishments of CIM members in the field of Mineral Processing at its Annual Banquet. Five (5) distinct and prestigious awards can be granted to exceptional individuals who are nominated by their peers of the industry.
1. Mineral Processor of the Year
2. A.R. MacPherson – Comminution Award
3. Bill Moore – Special Achievement Award
4. Lifetime Achievement Award
5. Ray MacDonald Volunteer Award
6. CMP – BEST PRESENTATION AWARD
Every CIM/CMP member is allowed to propose nominations. More than one nomination can be made by the same individual but no one can nominate himself/herself. Each nomination must be endorsed, through support letters, by at least five (5) CIM/CMP members.
The nomination process is simple.
1. Get a copy of the Nomination Form, and further info from the CMP website
2. Fill out the form by hand or electronically
3. Submit form with five support letters to Past Chair (Johnna Muinonen) and Secretary (Rory Cameron)
The deadline to submit nominations is November 15, 2019.
CMP AWARDS QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
The Award Selection Committee is chaired by the current CMP Past-Chairman who names six other committee members from the CMP Board of Directors. Directors who nominate and/or endorse a candidate for a CMP Award are excluded from the award selection process. All awards are presented at the Banquet of the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Mineral Processors held in January of each year.
2019 CMP Award Winners
Mineral Processor of the Year – N/A
Bill Moore Special Achievement – Scott Martin
Art Macpherson Comminution – N/A
Ray Macdonald Volunteer Award – Wesley Griffith
CMP Lifetime Award – Michel Bourassa
CMP/CIM Distinctions for 2019
Past Chair – Johnna Muinonen
Best Presentation – Paul Fournier
André Laplante Memorial Scholarship – Nicholas Seniuk
Byron Knelson Memorial Scholarship – Nabil Khan
1st Lucky Amaratunga Technical Report Competition – Roger Lin
2nd LATRC – Martin Dionne and
Alexandra Bouchard and Evan Houlding